Monday, December 1, 2008

Kids, Dogs, Thanks, Black Friday, Football-ly

For our kids Tot school go here, and for Tween school go here other wise it's going to be a wild ride!

Okay first about my dogs...it's so sad but we had to get rid of them. We thought about it for about 6 months but felt so guilty SO guilty. But now I can see where sometimes it's better for the dogs and your family to give them to a family that can take much better care of them. Now there are less fights, less stress and the dogs have a family that can give them the space they need to run around. They will be missed but we are glad they have a fun place to live and we have a peaceful and clean-er-ish home again. From now on it's animals that live outdoors or in a small cage! Good Bye Neeo and Morpheus, we will miss you!



































Thanksgiving was great, I love hanging out with my family. There are so many things to be thankful for...but having my husband is at the top this year. When he got sick, I went into some sort of 'getter done' mode and emotion did not grip me that much. And if you know me I cry over EVERYTHING. I get all torn up about stupid commercials! I actually had to stop watching Extreme Home Makeover because I cry ALL the way through it! So I was shocked at my lack of loads of tears when my husband was going through so much. But now that life is back to it nice simple self I am always all choked up to have my man with me. I cry everytime I think about how close we came to losing him...and how I can't do this without him. So to sum it up I am thankful for my life with healthy kids and a wonderfully healthy husband! Life could not get any better. Well it probably could but I don't mind if it stays this way either!
















Here are some other blogs that helped me remember that while I am so thankful all year long, that thanksgiving has it's purpose far beyond the amazing reason it was started. To see them go YadaYada or JenIG.

Black Friday...when some people think of this day they get all like "I ain't standing in no line for 2-4 hours for anything" and the there are some that can't wait to go and will buy anything just for the chance to shop. Me I am neither of those. My husband and I we are just dealaholics. We can't go into a store without hitting all the clearance else's. We have gotten good about hitting 4-5 stores and eating out in 2-ish hours. Most everything we own we paid less than half it's retail price and I bet most of it is 70% off or better. Being good at shopping around has afforded us the ability to get name brand stuff at Wally World's clearance prices. Which is great when it comes to yard sales because that stuff flies out of my yard so fast! Even if it's yucky, people want that name brand.

So when Black Friday comes around we can't wait to get the ads and see what good deals they will have on stuff we need. Some years the ads have nothing we want-so we don't shop just to shop. This year though it was a knife set at Kohls that hooked us! They had a $169.00 knife set for $39.00. We so needed a knife set! So we looked over the ad for other good deals that would make the trip and our time worth it. Here we are at 2:30am being such dorks, We even slept in our clothes to save time:








And this is us around 3am after we had time to wake up...sort of:









In the car by:




Okay I wish I could have brought my camera further but I don't even think pictures could have described that line! It was about 4-5 people thick and went ALL THE WAY THROUGH THE WHOLE PARKING LOT!!!!!!! It's a big parking lot!!!!! We got there right at 4am and I jumped out of the car and ran to the end of the line that started moving as soon as I got in it. As I went to go get my knifes I was like 'yeah right I will never get them with this many people.' And sure enough my first choice was gone but the second choice (which is a better choice but I wanted th other ones because they would go with all my other Kitchenaid stuff) was still there so I grabbed them and then spent the next hour 1/2 trying to find everything else and then another hour and 1/2 standing in 2 lines. One for fragrances where they told me I could not pay for my other items because it was Black Friday!!!! Lets just say if I knew that I probably would not have purchased my favorite perfume!


We got all of this stuff:

These smell so good, they are soy and huge (they look small in the pictures but the burn time is 180 hours if that give you any indication to their size-they are big!) and they were only 3 dollars! And they smell just like Yankee!



I have been looking for a chocolate down comforter that was cheap for about 3 years, this one was $25!!!!!!!!!!!!



This is my favorite perfume! and for $5 more than the cost of the perfume I got all this other junk!




This came with my purchase of perfume, lucky me!-NOT-Like I don't already have 30 different versions of this game!:








These socks are so cool! And they are usually around $6-12 dollars a pair and I got 4 of them for $2 each!






And the best for last our Cusinart 14-pc cutlery set plus bonus knifes!!!!!!!!!!!!!! They come with a knife sharpener and the bonus knife is some asian design knife! That is so cool! I know I am one of those weird women who actually like kitchen gifts! Strange huh!


Okay lastly Football, This sport is WAY more than it's cracked up to be, I mean the men that play it, especially the quarterback and coach and all, they are actually really smart, and talented. I had no idea what looked like a dumb brute sport actually took skill and brains to do! So most of you may have already read my BRETT I'M WITH YOU blog and of course I still am (Jets 8-4 baby!) and I have to admit I really am liking this football stuff. I hate each time they hit each other because I don't want anyone to get hurt, I REALLY DON'T! But I have to admit the skill of it, and the joy each player shows on his face is amazing. I did not realize how happy and excited men can get when they take a ball from another guy, kick the crap out of him and then run it to their side of the field. I mean they are genuinely happy! It's something I can't get over! And that is the main reason I watch football...that and Brett...as my shirt says above 4 ever Favre Fan!




Faith

5 comments:

EEEEMommy said...

My sister is a huge Favre fan too.

My husband got up at 4am to go out and get the deals on Black Friday. He let me stay in my warm bed, nice and cozy. I can't believe you drag the boys along...

Anonymous said...

what kind of person gets rid of members of their family...?

Latte said...

How dare you!!! Do you know how hard it was to get rid of them, do you have any idea how much better it was for the dogs that we did. We did not want to, but were we lived prevented them from being happy. NOW THEY ARE HAPPY and that is more important than them being a memeber of my family...and the whole reason adoption is such a wonderful thing!

How dare you!

Latte

Anonymous said...

adoption is a wonderful thing because then dogs go to their "forever home", which obviously wasn't yours, so good job on that. do you know how traumatic it is to send a dog to another home? If you couldn't take care of them you shouldn't have gotten them to begin with. Are you going to get rid of your kids next, because they are too much trouble?

Latte said...

Look, I don't know why I am even answering this...because your assumption is so making an ass out of you...sigh...but I will.

When we got our dogs I did take into consideration all things! However I had no idea how smart the dogs (mutts) that we got would be and that they would figure out how to get out of my nice big yard and run towards a major highway. The reason I gave them to a new home is of how sad and unhappy they were without being able to run around in my nice big yard. It was too much for me to see this unhappiness so I worked with a pal of mine to give them a one acre yard to be happy in! And a family I knew would keep them forever! Our family is now stronger because we know they are happy, and the family that adopted them said they are SO happy to have them. They also informed me the dogs are very happy! So you see, not everything is cut and dry! Sometimes things just don't go the way you plan...so you make new plans and you PRAY for the best...in this case this was the best thing!

Latte

 

Missing You Blogger Template