Saturday, August 2, 2008

Deals Deals Deals

Okay well I did some shopping yesterday using www.thegrocerygame.com and I had a blast!!! I really think I will like it more once I get use to doing it. I went to CVS, Walgreen’s, and Dillions.

Now before I tell you of my deals I want you to read all the way through because you may think oh well I don't buy that stuff, but with the grocery game I picked what I wanted/the best deals and you can too.

So at CVS the rules are a little different. You buy some items that are "free" but in a way they are not. First you buy the items that they say are free then you get coupons (good for anything at CVS) on your next visit. And if you play the grocery game and get good deals on the next visit you will really make your dollars stretch!

Okay my savings:

Kodak picture movie DVD (with music, moving pictures, + loads extra) cost 9.99 get 9.99 coupon
30pk Elmo Band-Aids cost .99 get 2.00 coupon
Revlon Lipstick 9.99 get 9.99 coupon
Children’s Advil 5.79 get 5.79 coupon

Now like I said these items sound high but next time I go I will have these coupons, grocery coupons and buy stuff I really need at huge savings. I will say that if I knew how cool that Kodak picture movie DVD was I would have paid full price. It was the bomb!!!

So to recap I purchased 4 large ticket items for 26.76 and on my next visit I will be able to spend 27.77 for free.

Walgreen’s was fun.

I got Sharpie pen buy 1 - 1.99 get 2 free
Gel Pen buy 1- 2.79 get 2 free
White Board .99 -came with magnets and pen
Paper Mate Markers .93 cents each
Hunts tomato sauce .67 cents for 3
16- 3 metal prong folders .26 cents
4pack 60 watt bulbs 1.99 FREE after rebate
BIO Organic shampoo 5.99 FREE after rebate
Pert Plus shampoo 3.79 FREE after rebate
Jane makeup powder $4.99 Free after rebate

All of this (without sales) would have cost me 70.29...I think with the sales it would have cost me 30.39. And after the rebates it will cost me 13.63! Cool huh!

Okay at Dillions :

Cantaloupe reg 3.49 I paid 1.74 each for 2
Sargento string cheese reg 5.35 I paid 2.50
Daisy Sour Cream reg 2.89 I paid $1.00
Kroger Apple Juice 64 oz reg 2.49 I paid $1.00
Welch's Juice 64 oz reg 4.25 I paid 1.50
Windex Glass cleaner reg 3.45 I got 2 for $1.00 each
Lysol all purpose cleaner 32oz reg 2.75 I paid .50cents
Lysol all purpose cleaner 40oz reg 3.15 I paid .50cents
Palmolive Dish Soap 20oz reg 2.29 I paid .87cents
Skinmate shave Gel 7oz reg 2.41 I paid .50 cents

Boy oh Boy is that not cool! Without the sales it would have cost me: 40ish with the sales it would have been 23.36 and with my coupons it was 12.85!!!! Plus get this, I am trying to be more 'green' and I brought my own bags and they give you a nickel for every bag of your own that you bring in! I brought in 2! That made me happy!

I will admit this took me a long time to do, but I bet with time I could get really good at this. I also made mistakes and did not get the right cheese the first time and not only had to take it back I also had to get them to understand they did not give me my extra discounts (buy 10 of certain items get $5 back) so I had to go back and get that! Luckily all the stores were together and I noticed the problems quickly! I also noticed Walgreen’s charged me buy 2 get one free when the ad says buy 1 get 2 free so next time I am over there I will have to get my money back on that. I should have caught that one sooner but the lady at the register was so nice and I got to talking and such and...well she got the best of me. I had a blast making my DVD and if I can I am going to put it on this blog.

Also I did all this running around with children and in the heat and it was still so much fun. We went to the park around 7am for an hour then shop, shop, shop then the library for an hour so that the kids could really enjoy the day too. Next time I pray the kids get more time because I will get better at this.


Love Latte

No comments:

 

Missing You Blogger Template