Tuesday, January 6, 2009

New Years and Homeschoolingish News

Don't you just love a NEW YEAR. It's hope of a new start, to reflect on the wonderful and crazy past and to move away from bad habits. My New Years Resolutions are my favorite time of the year. Three years ago I always loved to sit down and make my list and I ALWAYS stuck to it-I miss the old me(sigh). But then I had my second child...and all was lost. I have spent the past 3 years trying to gain my life back by get closer to the Lord and in doing so I am starting to see the light of day. It's amazing what hormones and lack of Faith can do to you! I don't mean lack of Faith in the Lord I mean lack of Faith in myself. Bad thoughts bring bad habits that bring bad thoughts...on and on! NO MORE! I love when I tell myself to be happy...I generally am! This past year has brought me to such a closer walk with the Lord, and a new joy with my family. So here are my New Years Resolutions:

#1-To always try and walk joyfully closer to the Lord, Jesus Christ! and in doing that I must:
#2-Love and OBEY my husband in all things-no more back talk...it's just so hard!
#3-Cherish my children-no more "in a minute" while I do something so worthless
#4-Serve others-I like the appeal of saying we are doing missionaryish work...why not in my own back yard?
#5-Prepare my home for easy maintenance!
#6-To be frugal in my meal planning and Have dinner ready EVERY NIGHT!
#7-Eat much smaller servings (don't fret over NOT having an occasional latte-instead have a small coffee cup size instead of a QUART size...I know sad huh?)
#8-Work out everyday by playing with my children and 20min on tread mill. My prayer is that by doing #7 and #8 I will lose the 30 pounds I put on 3 years ago my goal is to be 30lbs lighter by April 26th 2009!
#9-Get school done 4 hours a day 4 days a week-God must be in all the lessons-even Math
#10-Not spend so much time on this computer (no more than 1 hour a day of personal time)


In really interestingly other news I wanted to share with you a video going around in homeschool circles. It's just a bit of information that I think everyone should look at, even if you don't plan on Homeschooling. This is a big reason why we homeschool.




Love Always,
Latte

3 comments:

Brian said...

It's great to see others blogging for christ. Keep blogging.

grace and peace,
brian
downpour-me.blogspot.com
lawnandhome.blogspot.com

Kelley said...

Those are very nice resolutions. I don't really bother with them any more because I never kept them. I made one resolution and it is already done.

Anonymous said...

that is a fabulous reso list!

 

Missing You Blogger Template